±‡± Darknezz Community ±‡±
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
DC - Darknezz Community

Society Quotes

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DeViLbOy
Keep it up!
DeViLbOy

Society Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Society Quotes   Society Quotes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 11:37 am

A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.
Back to top Go down
DeViLbOy
Keep it up!
DeViLbOy

Society Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Society Quotes   Society Quotes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 11:37 am

Civilization is unbearable, but it is less unbearable at the top.
Back to top Go down
DeViLbOy
Keep it up!
DeViLbOy

Society Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Society Quotes   Society Quotes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 11:37 am

Formerly, when religion was strong and science weak, men mistook magic for medicine; now, when science is strong and religion weak, men mistake medicine for magic.
Back to top Go down
DeViLbOy
Keep it up!
DeViLbOy

Society Quotes Empty

Do not waste your time on Social Questions. What is the matter with the poor is Poverty; what is the matter with the rich is Uselessness.
Back to top Go down
DeViLbOy
Keep it up!
DeViLbOy

Society Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Society Quotes   Society Quotes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 11:38 am

How can a society that exists on instant mashed potatoes, packaged cake mixes, frozen dinners, and instant cameras teach patience to its young?
Back to top Go down
DeViLbOy
Keep it up!
DeViLbOy

Society Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Society Quotes   Society Quotes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 11:38 am

In these times you have to be an optimist to open your eyes when you awake in the morning.
Back to top Go down
DeViLbOy
Keep it up!
DeViLbOy

Society Quotes Empty

It is not a fragrant world.
Back to top Go down
DeViLbOy
Keep it up!
DeViLbOy

Society Quotes Empty

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Back to top Go down
DeViLbOy
Keep it up!
DeViLbOy

Society Quotes Empty

It seems a long time since the morning mail could be called correspondence.
Back to top Go down
DeViLbOy
Keep it up!
DeViLbOy

Society Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Society Quotes   Society Quotes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 11:39 am

Most of the change we think we see in life is due to truths being in and out of favor.
Back to top Go down
DeViLbOy
Keep it up!
DeViLbOy

Society Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Society Quotes   Society Quotes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 11:39 am

Man is the animal that intends to shoot himself out into interplanetary space, after having given up on the problem of an efficient way to get himself five miles to work and back each day.
Back to top Go down
DeViLbOy
Keep it up!
DeViLbOy

Society Quotes Empty

One of the definitions of sanity is the ability to tell real from unreal. Soon we'll need a new definition.
Back to top Go down
DeViLbOy
Keep it up!
DeViLbOy

Society Quotes Empty

Our individual lives cannot, generally, be works of art unless the social order is also.
Back to top Go down
DeViLbOy
Keep it up!
DeViLbOy

Society Quotes Empty

Perhaps in time the so-called Dark Ages will be thought of as including our own.
Back to top Go down
DeViLbOy
Keep it up!
DeViLbOy

Society Quotes Empty

Punishment is now unfashionable... because it creates moral distinctions among men, which, to the democratic mind, are odious. We prefer a meaningless collective guilt to a meaningful individual responsibility.
Back to top Go down
DeViLbOy
Keep it up!
DeViLbOy

Society Quotes Empty

Society has always seemed to demand a little more from human beings than it will get in practice.
Back to top Go down
DeViLbOy
Keep it up!
DeViLbOy

Society Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Society Quotes   Society Quotes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 11:40 am

Society honors its living conformists and its dead troublemakers.
Back to top Go down
DeViLbOy
Keep it up!
DeViLbOy

Society Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Society Quotes   Society Quotes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 11:40 am

Society is one vast conspiracy for carving one into the kind of statue likes, and then placing it in the most convenient niche it has.
Back to top Go down
DeViLbOy
Keep it up!
DeViLbOy

Society Quotes Empty

Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them.
Back to top Go down
DeViLbOy
Keep it up!
DeViLbOy

Society Quotes Empty

The danger of the past was that men became slaves. The danger of the future is that man may become robots.
Back to top Go down
DeViLbOy
Keep it up!
DeViLbOy

Society Quotes Empty

The human race's prospects of survival were considerably better when we were defenceless against tigers than they are today when we have become defenceless against ourselves.
Back to top Go down
DeViLbOy
Keep it up!
DeViLbOy

Society Quotes Empty

The society which scorns excellence in plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water.
Back to top Go down
DeViLbOy
Keep it up!
DeViLbOy

Society Quotes Empty

The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.
Back to top Go down
DeViLbOy
Keep it up!
DeViLbOy

Society Quotes Empty

The world has achieved brilliance without wisdom, power without conscience. Our is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants.
Back to top Go down
DeViLbOy
Keep it up!
DeViLbOy

Society Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Society Quotes   Society Quotes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 11:41 am

The world is governed more by appearance than realities so that it is fully as necessary to seem to know something as to know it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Society Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Society Quotes   Society Quotes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Society Quotes
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next